Once you have made your study choice, please send all your application documents by post to:
Ms Simone Natzschka
An online application is not possible for international applicants
If you want to apply for the Bachelor Applied Mathematics and the Master of Applied Mathematics for Network and Data Sciences, you have to register and apply via uni-assist Berlin.
We look forward to receiving your application!
- Application form (Please find further information in the Help file)
Please enter all information by computer and enter your desired study programme. Please don't forget to enter your email address as the admission will be send via email. Don't forget to sign the form in person.
- Passport copy
- Photo (35×45 mm, with your name written on the back)
+ 1 verified copy with a verified German or English translation of each of the following documents:
- Secondary school-leaving certificate
- For Master studies:
- Certificate of first academic degree including transcript of records
- If required in your home country
- University entrance examination certificate
- Proof of one or two semesters of study at home, transcript of records of each semester
- Proof of German language skills
Applicants from China, Mongolia and Vietnam:
- APS-Certificate (original)
Application for Refugees
Please find detailed information for all offers regarding the application process for refugees in the section Application for Refugees.
Applicants for the following study programmes additonally need to submit:
- Master of Applied Mathematics for Network and Data Sciences,
Bachelor of Applied Mathematics,
Master Industrial Management – Specialization Innovation and Business Expansion:
- Proof of English skills
- At least basic knowledge of German is recommended
- Blockchain & Distributed Ledger Technologies (DLT):
- Proof of English skills
- Proof of German skills, with at leafs DSH 1 or TestDaF (4 x 3)
Please also check if there are further special requirements for your desired study programme (e.g. completed internships, work experience, aptitude or entrance test).
You may also present a TestAS-certificate for foreign applicants, used to check your ability to study in Germany. The test participation is not obligatory, but recommended.
Application deadline for open study programmes is either
- 15 May for the winter semester or
- 15 November for the summer semester.
Applications received after this deadline my be accepted depending on availabilty of places.
Students who fulfil all prerequisites including the appropriate language requirements will receive their admission after all documents have been examined. The admission should be used to immediately start the visa application process.
Application deadline for NC-study programmes1
The application form has to be sent until:
- 15 July for the winter semester or
- 15 January for the summer semester.
All other documents incl. the proof of German skills may be handed in until
- 31 July for the winter semester or
- 31 January for the summer semester.
The selection process will take place in August (for the winter semester) and in February (for the summer semester). Students that have been selected for a university place will receive an admission.
Please note: As the visa application process is usually very time-consuming, we highly recommend to apply until 15 May or 15 November at the latest!
Please note that a student's type of admission depends on the result of the examination of all application documents. You may be asked to attend the Studienkolleg or a Preparatory German course before being admitted. Continue reading
1Restricted number of places in NC-study programmes:
For international students, who are not referred to as equal to Germans, there is a capacity of 10% of all available places, based on EU law.
Considered as equal to Germans are citizens of member states of the European Union or the European Economic Area, their children, if the parents work or have worked in Germany, other family members based on articel 2 number 2 of directive 2004/38/EG of the Europaen Parliament and Council of 29 April 2004 and other foreign citizens or stateless persons with a German secondary school-leaving certificate, issued in Germany or at a German school abroad. The number of availabe spaces for applicants not equal to Germans is very small due to legal regulations.