Proof of Language Skills
This page gives you a detailed overview of the accepted language proof for German and English required as part of your application documents.
In addition, Mittweida University of Applied Sciences offers applicants who do no yet possess the required language qualification the possibility to attend a preparatory German course in order to qualify for studies.
Recognized German Examinations
The following examinations are accepted as proof of your German language skills:
- DSH - German examination with a result of at least DSH-2
- TestDaF - with at least 2 x 4 and 2 x 3
- FSP (Feststellungsprüfung) - Qualifying examination for the fixing of the aptitude of foreign applicants for the admission to study at universities in the Federal Republic of Germany
- C1 examination of the Goethe-Institute
- Kleines oder Großes Sprachdiplom of the Goethe-Institute
- DSD - Deutsches Sprachdiplom of the Kultusministerkonferenz KMK on the level II
- certificate telc Deutsch C1 Hochschule
- PNDS – (Prüfung zum Nachweis deutscher Sprachkenntnisse) German examination
- ÖDS - examination C1 ("Oberstufe")
If you acquired the school-leaving certificate at a German school you are not required to submit a proof of German language skills.
Course Offer: Preparatory German
If you did not yet pass one of the examinations stated above, you may participate in a DSH German course at our Studienkolleg. We offer you to either follow a course of two semesters at B1 level starting in September (proof of B1 required) or a course of one semester at B2 level starting in March (proof of B2 required). Applicants need to pass an entrance test in German. We do not offer a German language course for beginners.
Please note: Registration is mandatory. A fee of 250 Euro will be charged. This amount will be subtracted from your total bill upon arrival. There is no refund in case of non-arrival.
For those applicants, who need to attend the FSP course, a proof of B2 of the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages is required. You need to attend an entrance test in German and in mathematics. Applicants with only B1 level in German may attend the FSP course at their own risk.
Please check the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR) for further reference.
Recognized English Examinations
For study programmes offered entirely in English students must proof English language skillsof at least B2 level of the Common European Framework of Reference (CEFR).
The following examinations (among others) are accepted:
- TOEFL internet based (iBT) at least 79 points, not older than 2 years
- IELTS - Academic version (International English Language Testing System) at least Band 6.0
- First Certificate in English (FCE)
If you successfully passed a previous academic degree in English, you do not need to submit a proof of English skills.